Hammarsdale is Happening - The New replaces the Old
Category In the News
HAMMARSDALE IS HAPPENING - The New replaces the Old
For many years, the face of Hammarsdale has been slowly changing.
Many of the old Textile Mills have been renovated and altered to make way for new Industrial Parks with a variety of interesting users.
Keystone Industrial Park has been developed into a state of the art Logistics Park with some of the largest and most technically advanced distribution centers in the country including Mr Price & Ackermans.
Last week the new bridge over the N3 was opened and today saw the old bridge being demolished indicating that the new free flow Hammarsdale Interchange is nearing completion.
This is only the first of many improvements to the N3 that are planned to commence soon. The widening of the N3 is commencing next year and the realignment of the Key Ridge section and new interchanges at Umlaas Rd and Cato Ridge are due to follow shortly.
It appears as though SANRAL and the various authorities have realized the importance of the N3 Corridor as the gateway to the country and sub-continent.
The area offers the following advantages
- Easy Access onto the N3.
- Close to the proposed Cato Ridge Intermodal Hub ( Dry Port)
- Easy access to the Durban port via road or rail and less than 50km by road to the centre of Durban plus good access via the N2 to both North and South.
- On the main road to service the heart of South Africa and much of Southern Africa.
- Many of the sites have great visibility from the N3.
- Top quality roads and infrastructure being /to be provided.
- Access to a large resource of both skilled and unskilled labour.
- Part of SIP 2 (Strategic Integrated Project 2).
- Electricity supply direct from Eskom (lower price than eThekwini)
- Good access to residential opportunities including low cost options and the leafy suburbs of Kloof, Hillcrest and Drummond.
Whirpool are the latest company adding to the list of large Nationals who have already taken a position in the area and there are still great opportunities to purchase land or turnkey buildings. There are also options of leasing property built to your specifications and a few existing buildings for sale.
Sites are available to suit large Distribution Centres, logistics operations and even some heavy industry.
There are also great opportunities for residential developments with a golf course and some attractive dams.
Share-List Property has been promoting Hammarsdale and Cato Ridge as the Midrand of KZN for many years and has an established office in the area. The area currently has far more to offer than Midrand and we believe that demand and developments will soon outperform the Midrand.
Author: Robert McInerney