TIME TO MOVE : CATO RIDGE - HAMMARSDALE - N3 CORRIDOR:
Category In the News
TIME TO MOVE ?
CATO RIDGE: HAMMARSDALE - N3 CORRIDOR
Cato Ridge and Hammarsdale offer significant arbitrage opportunities and it is clear that the N3 corridor is an excellent place to invest! Many of the 'big players' have already seized the opportunity, which is displayed in recent and current construction activities.
We don't believe that there are many strategic growth areas where one could find new rentals being more than double that in existing buildings, less than 1km away! We also don't believe that there are any other areas where prices of level and zoned industrial land, in similar locations, range from as little as R400/m2 to over R1600/m2.
It is now clear that there is no better place to be in Southern Africa for logistics, and with such arbitrage opportunities, it is clearly the place to invest!
In previous articles, we have highlighted the following advantages of the area:
- Easy Access onto the N3.
- Close to the proposed Cato Ridge Intermodal Hub ( Dry Port)
- Easy access to the Durban port via road or rail and less than 50km by road to the centre of Durban plus good access via the N2 to both North and South.
- On the main road to service the heart of South Africa and much of Southern Africa.
- Many of the sites have great visibility from the N3.
- Top quality roads and infrastructure being /to be provided.
- Access to a large resource of both skilled and unskilled labour.
- Part of SIP 2 (Strategic Integrated Project 2).
- Electricity supply direct from Eskom (lower price than eThekwini)
- Good access to residential opportunities including both low cost options and the more upmarket suburbs of Kloof, Everton, Hillcrest and Drummond.
With these advantages, the area also suits light industrial uses and there are a few sites that are suitable for heavy industry.
There are also great opportunities for commercial and residential developments with a golf course and some attractive dams.
A number of large nationals and developers have identified the area as the place to be. Some have based their decisions purely on the suitability of the location for logistics purposes and others have taken advantage of the capital growth potential.
When one drives on the freeway between Durban & Pietermaritzburg the development is now clearly visible with massive distribution centres such as Ackermans, Mr Price, Value Logistics, etc.
There are also other large ones under construction and some that aren't visible from the N3.
In addition to the massive DC's there is a large Head Office and a new Private Hospital under construction and a lot of containers are already being handled in the area.
Recent sales and the commencement of further new developments confirm that the interest is gaining momentum and land prices are already increasing.
Share-List Property has been promoting the area as the "Midrand of KZN" for many years and have assisted many of the developers and end users with planning, acquisitions, rezoning, etc. They are the only brokers to have an established office in the area.
Rob and Peter of Share-List Property are pleased to see that developments are now gaining traction and they now believe that the location and plans for the area will result in it being "the Midrand on Steroids".
Share-List Property has many different opportunities available in the area including the following:-
- Very well priced, zoned industrial land.
- Turnkey opportunities for sale or to lease - Distribution Centre's, warehouses, factories, head offices, container/ logistics yards.
- One large tenanted and very good investment opportunity.
- A few existing properties for sale or to let at very reasonable pricing.
- Un-zoned land with potential for rezoning at very reasonable prices.
Don't miss out!
Author: Robert McInerney