2020 HERALDS THE BLOSSOMING OF THE KZN N3 CORRIDOR : HAMMARSDALE - CATO RIDGE - CAMPERDOWN - UMLAAS
Category Upper Highway General
2020 HERALDS THE BLOSSOMING OF THE KZN N3 CORRIDOR : HAMMARSDALE - CATO RIDGE - CAMPERDOWN - UMLAAS RD
Driving along the N3 towards Pietermaritzburg this morning was a pleasure! With fewer trucks on the road, one was able to appreciate how green and fertile everything looked after the recent rains and also all of the recent activity in the area between Keystone (at Hammarsdale) and Umlaas Rd.
The following were notable developments:-
- The Hammarsdale Interchange on the N3 almost complete with light poles in place and the final glide offs being tarred and embankments grassed.
- Additional, magnificent, warehouses at Keystone Park and the huge platform for PEP Stores beginning to take shape.
- The completion of the Bakers Transport Head Office, with their name boards just erected.
- The two new warehouse facilities bordering the N3 in Camperdown.
- The growth of the One Logistics facility at Umlaas Rd with the construction of further platforms.
If one drives a bit further off the N3 and into Hammarsdale, it is great to see a number of new buildings and the old buildings that have been renovated.
The most notable aspects in Cato Ridge were the number of shipping container stacks and new platforms heralding the start of the Intermodal Hub.
It was also pleasing to see the newly renovated satellite office of Share-List Property in Cato Ridge and the number of boards with properties available for Sale or To Let in the area.
2020 is poised to be a great year and one where the area is likely to move ever faster towards becoming the prime logistics hub of Southern Africa.
Author: Robert McInerney